The International Food Information Council released their 2012 Food & Health Survey, which lists a number of important trends in consumer behavior regarding nutrition.
Key points from the survey results:
- 61% of consumers make meal choices based on nutrition (healthfulness)
- 55% of Americans report that they are currently trying to lose weight
- 71% of Americans estimate their daily calorie need
- 60% of Americans believe web-based nutrition tools can help them live healthier lives. (example: nutrition calculators)
- 66% of Americans rely on the nutrition facts panel on packaged fooods.
- Two-thirds of parents worry more about the healthfulness of their children’s diet than their own.
SOURCE: 2012 IFIC Food & Health Survey
Nutritionix provides web-based software to restaurants and food manufacturers to help make nutrition information more accessible to consumers. Nutritionix also hosts the most accurate database of restaurant nutrition information, comprising of nutrition information for over 300 different restaurant concepts.
For more information about how Nutritionix can help your business, please contact us.